Posting form

wallaby

Maybe I have something set wrong, but here is the problem:

When I enter the page for posting or editing I begin to type and everything seems fine....until I get long-winded and fill the entire box. Then, instead of the view moving downward as I add text, the text instead moves downward out of view below the bottom of the box.

Does that make sense? I mean does anyone understand my complaint? I can use the scroll bar on the right to view my stuff down below, but when I type anything the window snaps back up and the lower part of the page becomes invisible again.

Simple fix? is it me?

Windows internet explorer 8 ?

I can fill the box, and it will scroll normal for 2 additional lines....then the box stops scrolling. yes. I end up with a view that hides the first two lines of text (at the top), and hides everything below the box.

I just realized it doesn't do it when I use the quick reply....only when I go to the full reply screen.

We will check on this. The site was upgraded by our web host on Oct 1. We now have unlimited bandwidth and extra storage. Maybe that has to do with it...

Weird... There is a update to the software we use for the message board. I will see if I can upgrade it when I am home for a couple days. They are also coming out with a whole rewrite of the software soon.

Weird... There is a update to the software we use for the message board. I will see if I can upgrade it when I am home for a couple days. They are also coming out with a whole rewrite of the software soon.

geeezzz I just about have this one figured out!!!

Ian, Allan, Andreas, not sure if this will be of any significance,

I too have seen this, but only experienced this oddity with my PC at work running XPsp3 / IE 7

My home box with Vista and Firefox doesn't do it...

Okay, curiosity kills the cat...I played around with this on my home PC, with Vista and IE 8 Found out if you reset IE 8 to the defaults it will stop doing that. I am [you said a naughty!]-U-MEing that the same would hold true if you are using IE 7

To do this on IE 8 :

Open Internet Exploder, (er I mean explorer)

Click on Tools

Click on Internet Options

Click the advanced tab

Click "reset"

It will warn you with a pop up that all sorts of bad things are going to happen if you do this, click YES

CAUTION!! doing this wipes out any cookies or saved usernames and passwords you may have in IE!! I take no responsibility if you have to do 2 dozen password resets via E-mail...You have been warned..LOL.

You can then use the full screen function in your replies.

cool

Ok - I just did what Allan said to do with the compatability settings & it is letting me do a long post without jumping back up....hope it stays that way

smile

The site has been working great since the upgrade. I used to have problems with the site jumping all over the place. Thouhgt it was my PC, but it's great now. XP is what I use for everything and never had problems with other sites. Great no having to hit the refresh button all the time.