Had some bad luck. May need an M22 after all.

stickshift

I recently noticed a gear oil leak comming from my tranny. I had it checked out today and found out that my Super T10 tranny has a hair line crack in it. When I purchased it back in 1995, one of the four ears that connects it to the bellhousing was broken off. Now with only three ears and a hair line crack, I guess it is time to swap out the tranny. What are my chances for finding an M22 in good shape, and what should I pay? 019.jpg

Oh yes...

I can definitely attest to that! Even in reverse!

But...not in direct (4th) going down the highway...no whining then...maybe except inside by the occupants screaming!

I had listed previous links for the M22...if you want all new...go to that one site where they offer the new cases.

If you want "numbers" correct...like say 1970...then you will have to dig harder to find one. Remember, though, they did not put M22's in from the factory (that we know of anyway). I have only heard of factory M20's and a VERY FEW M21's.

Let me know if you need help with this scenario.

It may be a good time to at least check what it would take to change to a 5 speed overdrive unit.

Bruce

I just asked my brother in law Tom Langdon if he has anything. He does have a guy in Michigan near Metro airport that rebuild T-5's for Tom all the time (probably has done over 50 of them that Tom has sold) He also does other transmissions and may have a case.

If you went 5 speed, what would hold up to all the power your making?

Bruce