For those running a 3" exhaust system

dbreese

I'm getting ready to make some upgrades over the winter and need to go to a 3" system. My questions are whose system did you go with and did you have any issues with the X pipe/ H pipe with the driveshaft loop(BMR)? Any clearance issues with the tailpipes and suspension/ tires?

I am considering the Pypes system with the Racepro mufflers.

Thanks in advance.

David

Dave

Went w/Torque Tech out of Georgia. Very good service and great system. No real issues. Love the sound and the price wasn't all that bad. I used the 40 series mufflers. Installed the H pipe. They have a website so you can check them out.

Another good mention for Torque Thrust, I'm running their 3 1/2" system all the way to the rear bumper, has a real nice fit with no problems. I can't comment on the H-pipe fitment though as I never installed it, it's still sitting in the corner of the garage.

Another good mention for Torque Thrust, I'm running their 3 1/2" system all the way to the rear bumper, has a real nice fit with no problems. I can't comment on the H-pipe fitment though as I never installed it, it's still sitting in the corner of the garage.

ditto

except I'm running Pypes Racepro mufflers

I was told by a guy I respect in the business that The crossover pipe only works if you find the exact point to put it in, and even then isn't worth much effiency.

I was told by a guy I respect in the business that The crossover pipe only works if you find the exact point to put it in, and even then isn't worth much effiency.

There's ways of finding that spot...like spraying the exhaust behind the header collector with ordinary paint and right where it stops blistering and burning off that's where to put it.

I didn't put it on only because with a total of 7" of exhaust piping it was not necessary...more or less it would just change the exhaust note and I didn't want to quiet it down...which is one effect of a H-pipe or X-pipe.

Another vote for Torque Tech. I'd go with an X-pipe or at least an H. I've definitely seen power increases.

But I'm really curious- what kind of upgrades are you doing to require 3" pipes? wink

Another vote for Torque Tech. I'd go with an X-pipe or at least an H. I've definitely seen power increases.

But I'm really curious- what kind of upgrades are you doing to require 3" pipes? wink

Ok sounds like Torque Tech. As for the upgrade wink...........Well there is a new bullet going in over the winter. Still working out the details. I will say this much it will require larger headers and a 3" exhaust system. To all my small block brothers, not to worry...... I'm still with ya. grin. I know I know I should go with a B/B but hey, guess I'm just weird that way!!!!! laugh

David

I'm the outcast here, I bought straight 3" pipe from Summit and matched it to the Flowmaster tailpipe kit. Worked out very well and with hooker headers, the collectors are pointing straight back so you don't need anything special angle-wise.

Can't wait to hear about this new engine!

David the suspense is killing me any more details on that new engine that you would be willing to share???? smile

Ok a little teaser......the block is going to be an aftermarket 400 grin. I won't hold any secrets once all the details are hammered out. I will give ya'll a run down on all the parts. It will be a pump gas motor for sure.

No turbo Dave.LOL laugh N/A all the way!! smile

Stay tuned!

David

I have some insider info for you guys buuuutttttt,.....it will cost ya some coin, :-). I think David will make all of us small block guys proud!! - Dave

I hear ya Dave. I am already foaming at the mouth about an intercooled ProCharger but the cost will hold me back for who knows how long. - Dave

If I had to guess.... I'm guessing some kind of big cubic inch small block. grin Man David, just when I thought that I could keep up with you.

Hi Tom,

Ummmm...... something along those lines. smile

David