12 bolt codes

gooneybird

Hey all,

I always knew I had a 12 bolt but I never knew the detailed specs on it...I'm trying to order new wheels and see how big a tire I can get away with! I cleaned it up today and had a look and found the code on the axle.

CKO 0610B2

I've searched high and low across the internet for deciphering the 12 bolt codes and I can't find anything that mine responds to. Nor do I know if it's pre-1970 or after.

I have 3.73 gears and a spool rear end if that helps.

Thanks

the only year i see a 3 letter code is 70.

is it possible that the code is ckc ?sometimes its hard to read

that code is shown in the chiltons book i have.

I usually just enter the code right into Google and it brings it right up. No luck with your code, maybe your misreading a #? They are pretty hard to see sometimes after all these years

Hey Guys GM Rear Axle codes are listed on www.chevelles.com go to bottom of page on the left select the year shown by two numbers 70 (chevelle) scroll down after that and you will see axle codes click on it and it gives all the 12 bolt codes and weather they are posi or not and the gear ratio too....hope this helps out.........Darren.