How many dark green 1971 SS were built?

Green71SS

Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm sorry I have been mia again. Busy as hell with my last assignments before graduation. I have some pics from three years ago that I will post as soon as I see how to do that. I have been at Sinclair teaching for five years both mostly with the Chrysler program, I did do an AC class for GM asep about three years ago though. My position is the coordinator for the Chrysler program so I am mostly a Mopar guy, but love muscle cars in general. This Monte is special because I grew up with it as a kid and took the last ride in it when I was about 7-8 years old. I'm going to try my best to free up the motor with trans fluid or marvel mystery oil at least to getr it to turn over. I'm definatley saving the engine and do a mild re-build because we can do most of it if not all of it at school. I like the class project tax right off deal that's funny.

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys,

Just payed for the full membership and have lots of photos to add of the car. I went back to the farm last wekend and picked it up and started in on some cleaning and trying to get the engine freed up. So far I got it to turn about a half turn by hand but it stops. Soaked it down with a lot of penetrating lube bu so far no luck so I am planning on pulling it out for a rebuild. I was hoping that it was just a few stuck valves, but I backed off all of the rockers and it didn't change anything.

The body is not as well preserved as I had hoped, but it is a very restorable car. Lots of originall parts are still intact. The original spare tire is there, all of the paperwork, build sheet, touch up paint, etc. So far all of the electrical items that I have checked, work ok. I'm going to get it driveable first before addressing much of the body and cosmetics. I know that it will need all of the brake and fuel lines replaced as well as the fuel tank.

Well, I'm glad that I didn't try much harder to get the engine to turn and attempt to fire it up. The number 6 hole was rusty and took a lot of work just to get the piston out. The bearings didn't look bad or the whole entire bottome end, but the combustion chambers and a few cyliders are toast. Probably going to take at least a .030 bore to clean up. Mouse made a nest in the number 8 exhaust port and most of the manufold. I'm going to post more pictures of the carnage. I've got everything torn down to bare block now and starting to clean everything in the hot tank and shot peen blaster at work.

Hope to meet some of you folks at the meet on saturday. I'll be coming up from Dayton for the day. I'll be interested in your vehicles for reference too. I have many questions.