Throttle Response

201fireman

Rebuilt my 350 (now a mildly built 355). It has an Edelbrock 600 electric choke carb. It runs great, starts great. However, when I accellerate hard from a stop there is a little hesitation there before it takes off. Is this just a carb adjustment issue? Like I said, it runs excellent and has alot of power once the second of hesitation goes away.

there should be some adjustment for your accelerator pump, try making it come in a little sooner, and try opening your idle/mixture screws another 1/8-1/4 turn

I would start with the mixture screws first, it's quick and easy to do wink

first of all, while sam's suggestion is correct, it's making the ASSumption it's the accelerator pump.. I don't know edelbrocks that well (But I do know this is a VERY common complaint with them) You need to determine if the bog is from the pump shot not doing it's job, or if the secondaries are coming open too soon.

I'm guessing that something as small as a 600 would have vacuum secondaries on it.. see if you can either disconnect them, or lock them shut some how and try launching it again.. if it doesn't bog, it's the secondaries, if it still does it.. it's the pump shot.

the pump shot can be used as a 'band aid' to the secondaries not working correctly, but it's not the ideal fix.

It's not the secondaries, you can't adjust them anyways so forget about that. Adjust your idle mixture screw to highest vacuum first. See if that solves the problem. If not, next try a bigger pump squirt by moving the accel pump rod a knotch. If that still doesn't work, you may need to look at your step up springs.

A properly tuned Edelbrock WILL run awesome with no stumbles or bogs.