Seat Belts

ddiddle

I have a question about seat belts. I have seen two kinds of belts in particularly 1970 models - those with larger black buckles with larger holes in the male end, and those with satin buckles with smaller holes in the male ends. They're distinctly different and will not work together.

Are the differences due to interior trim grade? Satin/chrome with cloth and black with vinyl maybe?

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Daryl

My 71 was ordered with DELUXE seat belts. That option included the smaller brushed female buckles for two (of three) ft seat lap belts and a place to store the belts when not in use. Here are some pictures of the "storage device".

Bruce

Deluxe Seat Belt pics

Like Bruce said, the large plastic buckles were standard and deluxe (small stainless buckles) could be ordered with any interior.

Unless you are dead set (pardon the pun) on originality, I highly recommend that you purchase three point Morris Seat Belts. They can be purchased from Morris, Jegs, and numerous other outlets. See: http://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?64019-Morris-Seat-Belts-Invest-in-your-Safety

I think they are cheap insurance for me and others in my vehichle.

Yes, get the safer three point system!

Bruce

Bruce, after getting picked on at the drag strip for the last two weeks for only having lap belts, I bought a set of your style three points. It took some searching of your old posts, but I found them. Thank you.

Andy

Great! It was an easy install, but I twisted one of the belts and that took some time to un-twist it. They warn about that in the information sheet.

Bruce

I just use my standard monte shoulder belts and the local track was just fine with that. granted I don't run in the 11's.. but smile