Need to repair radio

overdrive

I have a Delco AM/FM Stereo radio out for repair right now. One of the channels in it was dead. He quoted $190.00 for repair and restoration. For another &79.00 he would install a mp3 jack.

Stated 8 to 9 weeks turn around time. Will be 9 weeks tomorrow since he had received mine & appears to be running behind.

I had searched the web looking for a repair shop & this one seemed to make me feel comfortable about letting them work on it. Of course, I won't know for sure how well they did until I get it back and installed. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

Here is the name of the shop if you want to check out the website.

Wards Classic Car Radio Repair:

(link) http://wardsclassiccarradiorepair.com/

Just click on the link above or the name into your search. Take a look and see if it is what you like.

Good luck to you Dan,

Doug

What is wrong with the radio? You may be able to fix it yourself depending on whats wrong with it. If it is completely dead, maybe not, but if you have a channel thats out, or scratchy knobs when you turn them or fading in and out there are some tricks of the trade that can help you out to find the faulty component, and radio shack hut..

Kevin

Thanks for the information, fellas. The reason I posted that I "may" need to send it off is because I haven't actually checked it out yet. It doesn't work now, but I'm restoring the car and I still need to remove the radio and bench test it. I'll try to get it out in the next few days.

Dan