bolt on exhaust

$trainman

I have a 72 Monte with a 350 4bbl and 350 tranny. It is all stock including the exhaust manifolds. I am looking for a COMPLETE duel exhaust system including head pipes that will bolt on without any bending, cutting or welding. Also what mufflers will give a nice deep tone but not too loud?

Thanks again for your help

Dan

That's an interesting question. I presume you want a system of stock diameter and fitment. I thought for sure Walker exhaust would have the OEM type pieces you're looking for, but they only go back as far as 1973...and even then the headpipes from the engine to the muffler are no longer available.

I'm not sure where else to look. I had a muffler shop make me a new set of headpipes to fit my cast-iron manifolds, and the flares at the end where the donut gaskets go is apparently a tricky piece to fab from standard straight tube; they turned out awful.

Hopefully someone here can give a suggestion for ya.

As for the muffler itself, I'd highly recommend the Walker Super Turbo muffler: it's a full-size muffler and gives a healthy sound without being loud.

The Parts Place carries complete stock systems. They don't specify which muffler they use but you can always call & ask. $279.000 for the system but doesn't include hangars.

I checked with walker and ap parts when looking for mine the front pipes werent available anymore but the tail pipes were there 2 inch od 54109 and 54110 are the ap numbers. I used glass packs on mine and had the front pipes made they came out real nice. the guy that built them is a friend of mine and knows his stuff. He should I trained him.

• 2 weeks later...