Interior Rear Window Trim

TPugh29

Which trim are you referring to?

The long part at the base of the window is actually part of the body of the car. This is n extensive repair if this is rusted but very common on our cars.

The two small pieces at either end on the lower corners of the window are plastic and are held on with one screw. You can get these new from OPG, CARS Inc, etc. You might be able to find a good used set and paint them to match if need be which is what I did when I broke one.

The other trim is the windlace that is one continuous flexible plastic peice that surrounds the top and sides of the window. You should be able to find this new as well from restoration parts suppliers.

I was wondering which you were talking about also Thomas. I figured by the sounds of it, you were talking about the piece that is part of the body eekIts actually the entire piece up to the trunklid.Its the rear window to trunk panel filler. Thats available, but the labor is big to do it.

Heres a link to one at CarsInc. The only place I could find with a pic online.

_7624.jpg

The bottom of this pic would be the inside of the car,then the window sits in the groove, and the top portion is the piece in the trunk jam.

Canuck you are right its the plastic pieces in the corners I thought they were metal. I already have the sheet metal for the exterior of the car. Thanks for the info I will start the hunt.

I would think they are the same as the Chevelle since I think the rear window in the chevelle is the same as the Monte. You may be able to get the pieces from either Leo or Jared.

Rob