How wide is our rear end?

I'm at work and can't measure right now, and this listing is making me drool:

S10 posi with discs and 3.42 gears

Looks like I'd have to modify it to coil spring if it fits our Montes, but other than it looks ready to drop in! He lists the measurement of what he has for sale, but I don't know ours. cry

I wouldn't get too worked up about it. While that rear end has a lot of good stuff. It is still weaker than the stock 10 bolt and a lot waeker than a 12 bolt. I guess it depends on what you are using the car for but my thought is why spend money on essentialy a down grade. The s10 rear end will have a 7.5 or a 7.65 ring gear. The smallest 10 bolt in the Monte would be a 8.2. so there is a big difference. Good luck with whatever you decide, David

Stock width is 55.25", you could get away easily with 54.5" the add lists.

Butttt, like it was mentioned that would be a heck of a weak link in your driveline.

Butttt, like it was mentioned that would be a heck of a weak link in your driveline.

Bill that's funny right there.... wink

Not only would you need coil spring perches , you would need to build all 4 control arm mounts .

It would probly be easier to change the car to leaf springs than build all that .

The S10 is narrow compared to the Monte . Might even need tubs.

Not only would you need coil spring perches , you would need to build all 4 control arm mounts .

It would probly be easier to change the car to leaf springs than build all that .

The S10 is narrow compared to the Monte . Might even need tubs.

I would say we all agree on the modifications that are needed to make it work but the width is only 3/4" narrower. I actually went outside now to get a rough measurement of my Blazer for the heck of it as I was starting to doubt the add...but I would say it's correct now that I checked. One thing that would make someone think it was too narrow is by just looking at the overall width of the S10/Blazer's body when in fact the rearend is pretty wide but the wheels on them have alot of back spacing... wink

Originally Posted By: 502ci

Bill that's funny right there.... wink

That's my way of emphasizing the word "but"...I wasn't calling anyone a "butt", although it kinda looks that way when I reread it... lol

I didn't realize the S10 ring gear was so small - that alone throws it out.

I would have been willing to do the coil spring perches, but I didn't think of the control arms. Negative #2.

So no big loss, thanks for the help!

Now about this name-calling...