454 quadrajet throttle linkage

71454SS

Could anyone tell me if a late 70 , 71ss has a clip type connection to the throttle cable, or a 1/4" ball stud type? I have a rebuilt holly quad on the car now but was able to find a dec. of 70 7041200 quad and the real quad has the clip type connector so my throttle cable would have to be changed to fit this rochester quadrajet. Thanks in advance, John.

• 2 weeks later...

My 70 454 has the "ball type" stud that bolts to the side of the Date coded 70 Rochester linkage and the throttle linkage has the ball indentation clip that holds the two together....

Someone must have swapped mine out then on my '70 Monte cause uses the clip type of cable. That could be why mine seems a bit long.

Changing over isn't too hard. The ball studs can still be found and you can get one that bolts into the open hole you have now. I think the original type was riveted to the linkage, and with a little grinding on the backside they are easily removed...that's probably what happened to yours.

Just get one of these:

Ball-Stud-for-Gas-Spring-Stainless-Steel

Thanks guys, the clip type was sort of rivited and I ground off the back side of the stud , but it was still a [you said a naughty!] to get it completly off . I ended up grinding both sides flat and drilling it out to fit a ball stud.

Ha, I like that repacement of my bad english, very sorry !!

The website does it automatically with no human intervention... laugh