OFFICIAL GM Vehicle INFO PACKET - Monte Carlo

The contact at the GM Heritage center I am speaking to about my video project game me an interesting link for all of us to get AMA / manufacturing info on our cars direct from GM:

http://www.gmheritagecenter.com/gm-heritage-archive/vehicle-information-kits.html

It is an wealth of information. Full options numbers, codes, production information - you name it. EVERYTHING IN PDF FORMAT.

I haven't seen any of this referenced in such a complete package before.

Still tons of cars even then and they keep crusing, instead of a parking lot.

I know, I love the dream cruise. Been going ever since I was a kid.

Unfortunately, I have to continue on toward New York on the 15th, and then fly all the way back to Portland on the 20th. :-(

A big part of me wants to work my schedule around the dream cruise... and pull out my '72 Torino that is sitting in storage near the Ford plant in Dearborn. Damn work commitments.

It's kind of funny..In looking at the info for the 72, according to their engine codes my car should have been built with a 4spd. The engine code on mine is CKD which they state is the 4spd. Must have been what was planned then then decided not to put 4spds in them then just continued to use the engine code for the TH trans