Radiator shroud ? SB to BB

MonteNH

I have recently swapped my 350 with a 454 and have a question about the shroud. I know there are differant ones for SB & BB but could I cut a row out of my small block for the time being ? I will eventually run an aluminum radiator and electirc fans with no shroud at all but for now can the SB one be trimmed to fit?

Thanks in advance, Phil

Well I will say that if you have an intact tunnel do not cut it. It is a Monte only item and you will be able to sell it easily. Having said that I had a tunnel that was broken on mine that was probably from a prior owner not replacing the drivers side motor mount in time and the engine moved far enough that the fan broke a chunk out of it. I have an intact tunnel and the correct big block shroud but the shroud needs to be trimmed so that the tunnel will fit inside. So when I first put the big block in mine I cut the broken tunnel to fit so I could get the car on the road. Of course the was about 4 years ago and I am on my 2nd 454. The new shroud and tunnel are still hanging on the wall lol. David

I did the 350 to 454 swap and used my 350 shroud. I have about a 2 inch gap between the alternator and the shroud. I also think with the way i have it set up. It helps keep it running cooler.

I am running about 170 to 180 on the temp.

The only thing I can say is if you use the sb shroud and tunnel make sure the clutch fan hits the shroud other wise you will tear it up. I just put my small block shroud and tunnel back in and had to order the fan twice as the first one was the wrong size.