Thermostat question

pocobill7t1

Ok guys here goes, my 7T1 has been running a little warmer than usual (200-210) the weather outside has been a dry 30C or about 90 F.

it is a 350 4brl little more than stock set up with headers, I went out today and bought a new 160 degree one from the parts store, when i went to change it tonight i found out that it had a 195 degree installed in there, i thought it was a 180? my question is what are the pro's and cons of going with a lower temp unit.

Any ideas ..thanks Bill

The only thing you will notice is lower temps. Of corse you will not have to much heat if you turn your heater on. If you need the heat you will not be getting it with that thermastat. I know its kinda cool up there but how often do you drive it when you need the heat?

lower temp might be good, i try to drive the car all yesar long depending on the weather. one thing i did notice was that the heater blew really hot when i had it on full in the winter , i had to roll down the window a bit.

Bill