duel carbs

rick-53

hey guys im a newbe and thanks for any suggestions and or comments, well could someone please tell me if it is possible to set up my 70 monte 454 with dual carbs including air cleaner and still have clearance for the hood? i really dont want to modify or change out hood, thanks so much

The intake looks low enough to work, but the question is the height of the air cleaner assy.

EDL-5420.jpg

It's easy enough to get a drop-base filter housing for a single carb, but don't know if such a thing is avail for dual carb.

Maybe the guys at Summit or Edelbrock can give you an assembled height measurement?

Welcome

Edelbrock lists heights of their intakes on the website. I know the RPM Airgap fits so maybe you can compare to it. Like Mark says, the air cleaner may be the issue. I ran a drop base with the Airgap.

i am located just north of urbana, ohio, which is approx. between dayton and columbus. are you close by? hey Bob just how do you get pics on here, i read the fAQ but im quite sure i didnt understand a dang thang they said.

i am located just north of urbana, ohio, which is approx. between dayton and columbus. are you close by? hey Bob just how do you get pics on here, i read the fAQ but im quite sure i didnt understand a dang thang they said.

I'm up near the lake Rick. You need to set up a picture host like car domaine or photobucket. copy the url and paste it here. I am quite computer illiterate. It took me quite a few do overs before I got it right. Some one smart like Tony will chime in to help out