Trunk Weather Stripping

LostnFound

$200.00 plus for just the trunk weather stripping sounds waaay to step for me, maybe a complete car weather stripping kit.

$20.00 and some good adhesive should be good enough...

Mine was redone (before I bought it) I think with the cheaper one (trunk). Looks like new, but it's dense. I'd go for the softseal as I will for the doors when I replace those coming up likely over the winter and above the doors etc. I also need the front cowl to hood so may opt for a kit, and rip that trunk one off and put new!!! I agree that NOS is not always the best solution.....but that's my opinion fwiw.

Scott

I think Metro moulded makes about the best weather strippng product out there. I don't think you will find anything any closer to OEM on the market.

Rob

Hey, thanks guys. You guys are very helpful. I really appreciate your input. Metro it will be but before I order, I will check out all the other weatherstripping on the car to see if I need anything else while I'm at it.

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Larry

Larry, when you do order find out shipping costs first and method. UPS as you maybe aware could charge customs fees and brokerage fee's and could make the price double shock

I am also wondering if we could get a group buy going for anyone interested?? I know I will want to also order door seals etc.

Just a thought.

Regards

Scott

That's a great idea Scott. What I found out last night though is that there's an Ontario Supplier for Metro Parts. Check out...

https://www.nosreproductions.com/

It might be best to order from them. Your thoughts?

Cheers,

Larry

Interesting, I can check tomorrow to find out if there a D/S or if they have stock in warehouse. If d/s lead time on those items. Seems there rural so may be a d/s situation.

But I can find out and let you know. I don't see kits but individual parts listed and no mention of the Metro name on the item descriptions I saw at a glance?

Worth checking out however.

Thanks

Scott

I am a die hard Steele rubber products customer. They have some excellent products and even better customer support. When I did my seals I screwed up some of those plastic tabs that come built into the seals. Even though they do not sell the plastic pieces individually, their customer service rep took the time to research them for me, walk down to the factory and grab a dozen for me and ship them out for shipping only. That pretty much sold me for future rubber requirements. Plus I hear they will custom produce any seal you need but have never tried that out yet. Softseal products are also good and I have used them in the past. They are readily available from most of the suppliers. However, I am placing my recommendation on Steele products based on my experience with them.

My weatherstrip came yesterday. That was fast! It looks like a well made product but I won't install it until the warm weather comes back. frown

I'm pretty impressed with NOS Reproductions. smile I ordered a few things and all were in stock, I received them right away, and shipping packaging was great.

• 3 weeks later...