1 of 6 Black on Black Canadian 1971's

LostnFound

I found out today that I have 1 of 6 black on black 1971 Monte SS sold in Canada and 1 of 2 that were black on black with buckets. Liam in Alberta....you have 1 of the 6 too. smile

There's 4 of the 6 known to be still in existence...2 of them are in Ontario and the other 2 are in Alberta.

Cheers,

Larry

Larry,

Congrats again on finding your uncles Monte. Cool facts for us Canucks, thanks for sharing.

This is what we did find out about Liams so far. Just going from memory so I could be a little off. One of 147 built in Canada in 1971. One of 65 sold in Canada, the balance exported to the U.S.

One of 6 Triple Black. With his late production date (late June/early July) we where wondering if it was the last Canadian built SS. In 1972 they moved production from Ontario to Texas. Gm of Canada won't help us with this request so we just keep searching.

How did you find out that the last 4 where in Alberta and Ontario.

Thanks,

Vaughn

I contacted the orig selling dealer for mine and the girl I talked to laughed and said I wasnt even alive back then. She was as helpfull as she could be but no records for that far back. Oh well another dead end i'll keep searching maybe a classified ad in the area of the orig owner? The search continues.If it were easy everyone would do it.

• 3 months later...

My late Uncle's ex brother-in-law still works (40 years now) at the Chev dealership in Oshawa where my Uncle bought the Monte. I dropped by there a couple of weeks ago and met with him. It was truly a pleasure. We had a great chat....went down memory lane a bit and I left him with a binder full of 8x10 colour photo prints of the car. He remembered it like it was yesterday. smile