Power Probe?

Packratt

Has anyone used the Power Probe electrical testers? Anything good or bad to say about them. I'm looking to upgrade from my Fluke multimeter and their products look to fit the ticket.

Best investment I ever made for trouble shooting auto electrical problems. I bought a used one at a swap meet and saved quite a bit over list price. After using one, I would still call it a great tool at full retail. I have the Power Probe III and it paid for itself trouble shooting the problems on a 1963 Lincoln Continental convertible with all of the relays and switches.

Mike

Thanks for the feedback on the Power Probe III, Mike. Need to add one of these to my wish list. I found a source through Amazon that has a pretty good price right now.

http://www.amazon.com/Power-Probe-Ultima...howViewpoints=1

BTW, I really like the color combo of your '71 (signature photo). Is that the dark copper color that was unique to the '71 model year? The whitewalls also give it a very clean, classic look. Beautiful!

Thanks for the info. I've seen them used on some car show but didn't know anyone that owned one. I deal with 40 ft long school buses with huge wiring bundles running the lenth. I was looking for something to make my job easier.

Or Matco guy has them on his truck and he said guys love them. I have not gotten one yet, but it is something I want too. Randy my Trucks are longer than your Buses grin

I bought one several months ago and have yet had the time to break it out and learn how to use it. I'll probably just take it home and learn it on my own car sometime. Doesn't look hard to use but looks real pretty in the case! lol

I am bus mechanic and I use it all the time. School buses have so many fans and heater motors ect. I use the crap out of it. I know the owner of our local tractor implement bought one for their shop and they traded it back in because his guys werent using it. I love it. U can give power, ground and use it as test light ect. Ive had mine for almost 2 years.

I own 2 of them, one at home and one at work.... I won't even think of looking into anything without it. Just be sure you know what you are powering or grounding, real easy to spike an ecm juicing the wrong circuit. On our older Montes...not so much to worry about, it has a built in breaker so you won't blow up the tool either lol.