Gear swap?

mnte496

Ordered my gears they should be in this week. decided to go with 3.73s i have never changed gears before i understand how to do it for the most part should i attempt it or take it in? I would like to learn how but am worried about messing up.

I took the whole (empty) rear axle to a professional with the new parts

One of the very few things I would not attempt myself

I'm in the process of overhauling mine myself right now, but I'm not changing the gears, and I'm not done yet so the jury is still out on the results.

If you want a fairly good book, have a look at Linky to book. It will give you an idea of the process.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Unless your a mechanic and have experience rebuilding rear ends it pays to let a professional install your new gear set for the best results. It is money well spent.

it atkes alot of time to get it right and even the somewhat experienced guy can be challenged by this job.

i would leave it to the pros unless you have deep pockets.

i think you should be able to get it done for around 200 dollars.

Got quoted 150 bucks to get it done if i take the rear end out of the car and bring it to them so i might do that. I really dont feel comfortable bringing the whole car to someone and have to leave it there i dont trust alot of shops ive heard of peolple taking cars out and joy riding in them!