1970 monte carlo fusable link location

bigblock70

my main power wire to the alternator shorted and now i dont have any power to anything in my car not even to that wire...i repaired the wire and was tryin to figure out the issue.

my best guess is the main fusable link went and i was wondering if any of ya'll know where it is at in the car...also if anyone has any other ideas as to why i would have lost all power to the car..thanks so much

There's a tap from factory near the horn relay that branches towards the inside of the car. There's an inline fusible link there. Also one on the starter main harness, I can't remember having another one? Someone else will chime in soon. Good luck!

My '71 has one that runs between the positive battery post and a junction block on the radiator support. it's a small pigtail mostly hidden by the battery.

The year makes a difference.. 1970 as we most know had a lot of one off's so as mark has indicated there is one in all 70's behind the battery attaching to the Distribution block which is black and is 1-1/4 inches in square, some early 71 cars had this as well but later 71 cars didnt as they got rid of that block and had a relay now up on the firewall above the power brake booster when thay added Fasten Seatbelt light Mid year in 71. Anyways there can be but not on all cars as indicated to be one hidden in the wiring loom or tin sleeve in the wireing harness just above the starter 4 inches away and also as Rod has mentioned by the Horn Relay behind drivers side headlight on a 70 on the firewall. The other item that can stop power is the Tiniest fuse we all have in our inside fuse block by the break pedal is at the Bottom of the block in the middle and is as mentioned the smallest fuse of all and may appear to be fine but can still be blown inside the stainless cap area you cant see.. That little sucker can cause big headaches...

Darren.

I had to dig-out my '70 schematic and on it shows (4) the one on the stater solenoid is not clearly drawn-in, but if memory holds correctly I've had to deal with that one once. Just as Mark suggests there is one clearly near the junction block near the battery. Talk about overkill? I guess you couldn't be too careful with these cars? grin