Tach with modern innards?

FASTSS454

This may have been covered before but does anyone know if someone has a in the dash tach with modern innards that will work with a MSD 6a? My original is DOA and needs to be replaced anyways so I was looking for some thing a little more accurate and would work with the MSD ignition. Thanks.

I guess not....lol.... The reproduction tachs work well, I have one as well as a hidden tach (long story but it's under the dash pad)..... the reproduction tach is very accurate to the digital MSD tach...and yes, both are hooked up to my MSD 6al box.

Steve

This question got me wondering what happens to a stock 71 tach if you change from points and condenser to a GM HEI ignition system?

I'm still running P&C but have a (Dave's small body) GM HEI in the basement for "someday".

Bruce

It will work just fine. That is the setup I had in the original "Mom's Car" back in the early eighties.

This question got me wondering what happens to a stock 71 tach if you change from points and condenser to a GM HEI ignition system?

I'm still running P&C but have a (Dave's small body) GM HEI in the basement for "someday".

Bruce

It will work just fine as that was what I had on the original "Mom's Car" back in the early eighties.