Lower control arm bushing replacement

Just wondering if there are any tricks to removing and replacing lower control arm bushings? The front one is round and the rear is oval. Do I need to remove the welds or is there a metal sleeve in there that I am not seeing?

You might find a small tack weld securing the bushing casing to the lower control arm (mine had that). That can be quickly ground off.

If you're game, go for it, doing it yourself is always satisfying. I recommend getting a small press. There are ways to do it with a vise but with a press, it is a lot easier. Plus a press is worth the investment, you can now get a 12T one for about $100 if you catch a sale.

Press the casing out until the casing end is flush with the arm, then press out the inner sleeve completely, then the rubber portion and then take an air chisel to the empty casing. Split it down the middle then use the air chisel on the ridge to finish pushing it out.

Good luck