Got my air shocks on

i bought my airshocks from summitt and race springs too. it took me a wile to find the tools and pb blast everything but after a little wile and new bolts i got em on and i love em

but it does have the iroc rims on which look better than those centerlines i hate which im gonna end up selling. but the centerline Telstars are coming very very soon

b793b317.jpg

183a4005.jpg

05e19108.jpg

^^and i need to take the rear exhaust and tips off since theirs no exhaust running through them

Thanks mike. I like em and the werent that hard to put on aside from having to cut all the 41 year old bolts and jegs being closed because a train derailed and part of it exploded off 11th. And then summitt sent me the wrong shocks not once but twice so the car sat in the air for three days haha but I got em on and the new wheels should go on tomorrow.

Yeah i pulled em off the afternoon after, the same day we pulled the motor(July 14th) then the car sat in the air with no shocks until July 17th, then the shocks were put on, then July 18th we sat the motor in, shut the hood and i snapped this pic, then the next day we did all the misc engine work and got it to start. I wasnt even going to change the shocks yet but my friend dropped my distributor and broke the cap, so I decided to order the cap and shocks at the same time, but the mallory cap they sent me was right but the shocks were not right, so I had to send them back. and they didnt come until July 17th. But im not going to talk about racing anymore on this thread, im done with that

wow, sounds like you've been busy.......

how about some pics of the new motor, we all love to see pics....while your taking pics, show us the hole in the old motor.....

like they say "no pics, it didn't happen!"

Yeah I sure have been busy, sunday the new fenders and header panel go on, and yeah sure ill go out tomorrow when its not raining and snap a pic or two of the new motor in the car(and ill try to paint her up to make her look pretty too) and yeah ill go over to my friends house and take a pic of the old block with the hole before he sells it with his scrap.

and your darn right, "pics or it didnt happen."

I wish it didnt happen and I was lieing, I liked my 77 010 block alot better than the new 87 block

Hey Austin,

No one is picking on you - everyone here loves photos, and it's a good-natured "informal rule" that when upgrades are made to a member's car, or if something else good (or bad) occurs, photos are posted as well. Often, one can learn from or get ideas for his/her own car from a photo or series of photos. I know I have.

As they say, "one picture is worth 1000 words."

So don't take it personally - I think just about everyone here has had "no pictures, didn't happen" directed at them as well at one time or another. smile

Haha alright bob sounds good, I did get the wheels changed last night so I'll post a pic of them in a little. I'll go out and try to snap the pic of the motor before I go to work and hopefully get it up. And the old motor is in my friends garage still as far as I know so I'll go over after I get off and get a pic of the block. Sound good?

heres the car with the new wheels(if anyone cares)

3f1b134a.jpg

98add119.jpg

and heres the pic of the new motor(1987 block) in the car not pretty but it moves

fa2909b8.jpg

it gets dissasembled next week for the 400 crank and new rods, pistons ect., BM thumpr cam, oil pan/pump, pulley system, wires, custom headers, cross ram and holleys, and fab. valve covers.

Why did you go through the trouble of installing the new engine, before you did the upgrades to it. Now its gotta come back out, lot of work to just be in the car a couple of weeks.

Good luck with it though, so is this a 350 that you are stroking with the 400 crank?

heres the car with the new wheels(if anyone cares)

3f1b134a.jpg

98add119.jpg

and heres the pic of the new motor(1987 block) in the car not pretty but it moves

fa2909b8.jpg

it gets dissasembled next week for the 400 crank and new rods, pistons ect., BM thumpr cam, oil pan/pump, pulley system, wires, custom headers, cross ram and holleys, and fab. valve covers.

HE!! ya we care. Wheels look nice,the cars stance looks good too. Austin did you ever think of getting the crome back around the wheel wells?? It would look good with the red..

thank jared, and yeah the little 350 should be quick once its done. and the reason I put the new motor in it is because after i blew it up i got around 30 calls/texts from people talking crap cause they heard about it so i had to show em its alive again, since alot of people around here hate me for leaving the camaro scene and going to the first gen monte even tho I love the car. but yeah the 350 is going to become a stroker, after were done building the 406 for the 73Z the 350 i getting bored either .40 over or .60 over, havent decided yet