bad wiring

jacob

I pulled my motor and transmission and was looking at the wires we could have had a car fire. the wires that go to the starter had no coating over them and where laying against the engine! the zip ties held it all together so i need to find out what i need to do to replace it if i should buy some good wire and use heat shrink tubing to hold it together or buy a wiring harness.i had surgery this thurs day on my left eye for the 5th time to fix my lazy eyefor the last time.

I would be blind in one eye if i hadnt had the sugery this was my 5th and final one and its perfectly even with the other they took a ligament out of my leg to put in place of my band.

Do your eyes focus together? I can only use one at a time. My left eye is my Lazy eye. Mine are nowhere near that bad. I'm glad the surgery worked for you.

i can use both my eyes just like normal as if i never had a lazy eye. mine is also the left once the swelling goes down they will both be exactly the same.

• 2 weeks later...

First unhook the battery. On the old harness, label each end or connector where it went (like Alt, Oil pressure, TCS, Starter Sol, Temp sending unit) pull out the old harness, label the new, re-install. Take your time, make notes, take pictures. If you don't already have one, buy a shop manual for your car.

Bruce

I found it really easy to install the new harness as I removed the old one.... just begin at the firewall connector and work your way forward.

Any one know any thing about installing under dash gauge pods the instructions arent clear I know how to get the stuff thru the fire wall and I have an engine ground spot but as far as the lighting for the gauges,the oil pressue and volts i dont know how it goes together. if you know what i mean step by step instructions would be nice mabye a few pics please smile

Jacob to install the gauges under the dash you'll just need to pick a place where its easy to see and read from the drivers seat. I had a set under my dash with a tach and angled them towards the driver. The tach was screwed to the ash tray and the other gauges were put close enough to the ash tray to keep it close. Mounting to the dash I used 1/4 self tapping screws.

Jacob,

Here is a thread which might give you some ideas on where to put the gauges linky.

As far as how to connect them, there should be detailed instructions with the gauges but if you have a specific question on a specific gauge, we can probably give you our input. For the dash lights portion you just have to tap into any dash light related wire you can find, but I much prefer going directly to the fuze box. There is a free blade connector on the bottom left called "LPG" on my 72 next to the 4 Amp "INST LPG" fuse. You bring all the dash light wires of your added gauges into a spade and simply plug it in there. It's clean, professional and will give you the best connection.

I like to draw out of my new wiring and confirmed existing wiring as it is more specific than the standard wiring diagram which does not have all the options or cut wires of my set up.

Good luck