Oil dipstick tube

Murphy

Test fitting headers on SBC350 w/AC & PS, installing from the bottom on drivers side and can't get the header over the dipstick tube! Is this tube threaded as I can move it side to side but it hits the steering shaft. Or is it just pressed in?

Got it, alittle twisting n turning she came out! Next question?? The power steering bracket that attached to the manifold obviously doesn't matchup as the old exhaust manifold was 1.5" thick & the header flange is 1/4" thick. I can't seem to find a p/s bracket spacer on Jegs or Summit. Any suggestions on a spacer??

I have that spacer on mine. It is chrome plated and is about 2 1/4 inches long (mem?) it is a bit thicker walled so I would not use water pipe for it (IMO) but you could get a piece of black gas pipe of a smaller diameter cut to length and then use a small SS washer on either end of it. That should take up the slack and be strong enough for this application and not squish it and it is already black so won't even need to paint it grin

Good luck with the install.

Remember Pics or it didn't happen wink

Scott

If you go to a home improvement store (Loew's, Home Deport or Menards) they have chrome spaces in various lengths and diameters. I use those for My Monte. They also sell stainless & chrome hardware (bolts, flat washers, lock washers, nuts). Awesome.