Shock Protector Plates

ssmonte70

Awesome..thanks Dan...I wanted to also ask about the original shocks on a 70 Monte SS. What brand were they. Where could I find specific information regarding what actually they put on the car out of the factory?

Thanks--Troy

Troy,

I would be extremely surprised if any original air shocks remain on any of our SS cars today, but there may be some out there. Mine are black because the prior owner had the whole undercarraige sprayed with POR-15, including the air shocks.

Back in early May, there was a set of NOS Delco Air Shocks with lines that were apparently used on several A bodies from late 60's through mid 70's. Although the auction has long since closed, you can get an idea by looking at the picture.

NOS Air Shocks with lines

Also, you may be able to contact the eBay seller to see if he/she has any further information. Just a thought ...

Dennis...thanks for the pictures, those would have been nice to have but I'm not holding out that another set will be for sale anytime soon, so I'll look for a nice replacement.

Bob...thanks for the info on the shock plates and shocks this is great info as I just soda blasted mine and I'm looking to restore them properly.

Troy

Rock Auto has the air shocks for our cars listed as AC DELCO #504-11 and still have them in stock. They are red in colour and are about $75 a pair. I think I'll get a set, spray 'em grey and buy some repro stickers for them. smile

Cheers,

Larry

It was me that sent it to you. That SS454 is the one that got away. Like an idiot I could have had that car for $17500 but decided I wanted a darker color. That car used to be a track car that he brought back to original. He did a great job with it as it was a concourse #1 show car kept in a zippered plastic cocoon when not in use,

Has sold to a guy in Cali and then I believe ended up back on the East coast somewhere. Art has a 72 done to the same standards.

Dan