AC DELCO Air Shocks

I received the air shocks I ordered from Rock Auto. They look like very old stock and are black. They came with the fittings and the black plastic airline which looks the exact same as the old air lines that are still under my car. They have the following marked on the box...

AC Delco

#504-11

Superlift

Made In USA

I looked at the GM paperwork/diagrams for the load levelling suspension system on our cars and noticed that they read Superlift as well. I'll hang on to these and will install them one day when I install the rest of the load leveling system which I have in boxes.

Cheers,

Larry

Great info, Larry, thanks for sharing! It will likely come in handy next summer when I rework all the suspension on my SS car.

The lines to my current air shocks are terminated at a tee with a schraeder valve fastened to the rear cross member. I've resisted testing them with higher pressures until I have my compressor running but I still have to get a filter for it. Looks like I am out of time this season anyway ...

Hi Dennis, I was hesitant with re-installing the load level system any farther than just the compressor because it was such a problematic system even when it was new. I have changed my mind since and gradually I am working toward re-installing it eventually. I figure that as a summer only and nice weather only driven car, it will hopefully be reliable once it is working.

Sounds like it may be a good project for both of us next year. smile

Cheers,

Larry

I think I'll look at Rock Auto and get a set myself. I still have the original setup on my '70 SS Monte (except for the shocks) so these will be great to set it all back up to original.

Troy

• 3 weeks later...

I just tried to order a set. They are out of stock and of course they do not expect any in. I am always to late. lol

Thanks for the heads up Larry.

Bob, Larry sent me the info on the system, it is going to come in handy when i start restoring the SS.

Thanks again Larry

Larry, I must of screwed up. I thought i ordered them about 2 weeks ago, (i guess i didnt hit the right key or something) at that time there were 4 sets left. Yesterday i realized i havent gotten them yet so i checked my c/c and it was not listed. So i went back on the site to try and order another set but it wouldnt let me. Called them and the guy told me they were out of stock on the item. I hope the club guys got them anyway.

You snooze you loose lol

Larry gave me new info the other day, part # oem 88946603. Rockauto guy Paul crossref it to 504516 and they have 6 sets left. I just bought 1 set and very happy.

Thanks Larry

Willie

• 4 years later...

Hey Mike, Happy New Year, Yes the 504516 are the ones they are the 2nd or 3rd running (someone else will correct me if I am wrong) the only difference is the valve for the air is straight in rather than on a 90 degree angle. I am not sure how many sets they have available now, as that was a few years ago when I purchased them.    

Good Luck