Power Trunk release

Murphy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know where to buy this to make mine power trunk release. The prevous owner had the lock shaved off.

Hi guys, I just wanted to give you a heads up that I have a power trunk kit available for your cars. You can take a look at it on my site www.klassickeyless.com. If you are interested, watch for the group buy that is being organized right now. There is another thread about aftermarket keyless entry that started the process, but I am also offering my standalone trunk kits as part of the deal. If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them for you.

Hey, Tom, welcome to the club!

Thanks for working with us on the potential group buy! Those are great offerings for many of our Montes!

After closer examination of the offerings on your website, I am still wondering if/how your door lock and trunk lock systems can complement any of our first gen Montes that already have factory power door locks (NOT keyless, of course) but no power trunk release?

For example, it would be great to interface your keyless transmitter/receiver switch directly to the factory wiring, switches and solenoids (already in place) while adding a power turnk release that is also "keyless" with a manual button for override. It seems that we would need to buy the package deal you propose but would then be left with unused parts (i.e. your solenoids, switches and wiring) but maybe I'm just not understanding your current offerings.

Do you have any other keyless offerings that interface with factory door locks and could also be combined with the power trunk lock to make everythining "Keyless"? Or, maybe there is some technical reason that makes it unfeasible or impractical to do such a thing?

Thanks for any light you can shed on this.

Hey, Tom, welcome to the club!

Thanks for working with us on the potential group buy! Those are great offerings for many of our Montes!

After closer examination of the offerings on your website, I am still wondering if/how your door lock and trunk lock systems can complement any of our first gen Montes that already have factory power door locks (NOT keyless, of course) but no power trunk release?

For example, it would be great to interface your keyless transmitter/receiver switch directly to the factory wiring, switches and solenoids (already in place) while adding a power turnk release that is also "keyless" with a manual button for override. It seems that we would need to buy the package deal you propose but would then be left with unused parts (i.e. your solenoids, switches and wiring) but maybe I'm just not understanding your current offerings.

Do you have any other keyless offerings that interface with factory door locks and could also be combined with the power trunk lock to make everythining "Keyless"? Or, maybe there is some technical reason that makes it unfeasible or impractical to do such a thing?

Thanks for any light you can shed on this.

I'd be very interested in the answers to Dennis' questions as well. smile

Here are a couple pic's of what you need for a Power Trunk Release. This is what I installed in mine & is correct for our cars. It is a direct bolt in. Of course you will need wiring-connectors & Trunk Release switch not shown. Have seen the switches on eBAY now & again.

Hope it helps!

P.S. Have seen a few where the Selonoid was bolted onto the Trunk Latch vs. riveted on like this one! I am just guessing either would work!

100_2104.jpg

100_2101.jpg

Doug

For what its worth; don't mount the switch in the Glove box...you'll hate it. Dave

Thanks for that input, Dave. I was thinking about inside the console storage box or on the lower edge of the dash just to the left or right of the steering column. I suppose protection from accidental engagement is as important as convenience for intended use.

Do you have a recommendation or something that works well for you?

I just got my Popular Hot Rodding rag...Year One show them on inside front cover ad. No price shown. 1)Normally plenty of room, way down by the Parking brake release, and it's out of "knee-bumping-range". Can't see it from windows and you can reach in the open window to pop the trunk....nice feature at car shows. 2) Another option, but it's more work...Get a Chevelle convertible power top switch (momentary) and a Monte/Chevelle rear defog bezel and put it at their factory location, just right of the steering column. 3) Ash tray mounting bracket. You have to open the ash tray to get at it, but it is well hidden. You'll love having it when you do get it installed!!