17" Rally Wheels

RSF

I understand the premise of backspacing but i am not sure what to go with. I am thinking of 17x8 wheels which typically have either 4.5" or 5" spacing. My car currently has skirts and the stock hubcaps and I will be removing the skirts and going with 66 series rally wheels. Brakes and suspension are stock. Also need to know what size tires will fit properly and not rub.

Wheel Vintiques has "correct' rally wheels in 16 through 18 inch diameters with a variety of widths and backspacing. It's their 66 series.

BUT they don't have the "correct" trim rings for these wheels.

I do NOT like their 68 series chromed versions of these wheels.

I have a set of 16" chrome wheels out of the five only one has a rust spot on the rim:( you think the car sits outside more then in a garage. I have never seen the trim rings in a bigger size then 15" not saying they don't make them, which is why I went 16" chrome. I know there is a member here in the club that has/had(not sure if they are still on the car) 17" chrome rally's. With my 16" I went 4" back spacing in the front and 4.5" in the rear(close to the popular 15x7 15x8 setup) for tires on my I have 255/50's front and back.

Here is the members setup with the 17" rally's 17x8 front wheels w/ 235/40/17

17x8 rear wheels w/ 275/45/17

All wheels have 5" backspacing and no trimming was needed. No rubbing issues.

• 3 weeks later...