Power trunk release button location

jja

I seem to recall seeing a factory diagram that was posted that showed the green/yellow button located on the right hand side of the glove compartment box. I am in the process of drilling the hole in the glove compartment box but wondered whether it should be closer to the driver by being located on the left hand side of the box? I have enough wire to go either way, but want to be as original as possible. I have the dash pad off and noticed that there aren't a lot of places to locate the button because of the metal brackets along side each wall of the box. I have a green button for my '70. Any thougths?

Back in 2007 I had the same question. This was the reply I got from member Rich G.

"According to the assembly manual, it is mounted on the right hand side of the glove box. The hole is 9/16" diameter. The center of the hole is 6 21/32" from the back of the glove box and 2 9/32" up from the bottom of the box".

Thanks again Rich.

Joe

Perfect. I knew someone here would have the right answer. I still would have thought that the button would be better situated on the left side so that the driver wouldn't have to lean over so far to pop the trunk. Oh well.

My dad had a vacuum operated release in his 66 Olds 98 so I knew how nice they were. I used mine all the time especially when the car was new because I had a large paper route AKA motor route delivering the Detroit news.

Bruce