Cam for 71. 402

71longtime

Can someone give me some help on cam selection? 71 402 would like 450 hp. 10:1 com. I have a set of 69 gm L88 alum.heads.motor will be bored +30 I am running 12bolt pos with 342 gears. Automatic tran. I know most are thinking go 454 but most people would.i have always been different. Thanks

If you would be interested in a hydraulic roller, I have a custom stick designed by Chris Straub I would let go cheap. I originally was going to put it in my 402 but changed gears after buying it and decided to go 496, and a bigger cam from him.

Steve Monteman1971 had a Comp XE274 cam in his 71 402 4 speed.. It had a sweeet lumpy sound and the get up and go to stand behind it. Its a performance proven cam. I also had it in my lil 355 and it got my monte in the 12's..Now honestly I'm not one for off the shelf cams anymore but I like this one. My 2 pennies. Al

There are better people to talk to than us! Comp, Crane, Bullet, Lunati, and Howard are a few. Give a few of them a call and let us know what they offer.

I agree with Sam, The heads will not help. They look good though!