Fuse Box Question

70bowtie

I have a small gauge pink wire plugged into the ignition terminal on my fuse panel, can anyone tell me what it is for I want to plug my hei wire into that space. The car is a 71 with AC but no other options and it looks like the wire heads up to the instrument panel somewhere and looks to be factory installed. If not I will splice it into the hei wire.

Leo

You can use a piggyback spade connector, and have both wires going to that terminal. Most autoparts stores have 'em.

85412-007.jpg

I think that wire goes to the relay for A/C that in on the inside of firewall behind the glove box that is the wire I wish I knew exactly where it goes off the fuse panel.Mine is a 71 with air

• 2 weeks later...

Im NO expert on the mysteries of these old girl's wiring,but on first thought I would think factory installed relays and components would be wired right into the fusebox,with the front plug in terminals reserved for "add -on" items like guages, radios,HEI as you mentioned,etc...But if that pink plug in wire is going to an "add-on" or had to be installed because the original conductor failed-then,like most of these wiring mysteries,who knows what they did.... Brian

I don't have A/C and I think the pink wire I have is used for my aftermarket radio but I am not sure. at first I thought it was for my power trunk opener. Like Joe said, unplug it and see what no longer works.

Bruce

Thanks for the input. I haven't got around to starting the car yet waiting on my distributor should have that the weekend and when I get it running I will disconnect the wire and see what happens. Oh I don't have any after market add on's in the car as it's all original.

Leo