top trim rear of 71 SS

mc71454

The lower chrome attaches from underneath with screws and the upper trim has studs cast into it and uses barrel nuts through the extension housing.

Thanks for the replies...

Any ideas on where I can find some?

I like the blacked out look across the back but it would look funny without the other mouldings. I have a 454 emblem on the right side colored in black in the rear where the SS would go if it was an SS. The chrome and the blacked out area would look pretty good.

Thanks !!

Someone on this site actually had some made- you might find them if you did a search.

NOS (and used) are really expensive but they appear on ebay sometimes. I cut the lip off of some bottom pieces and stuck them on with some 3M trim tape. It ain't a show car (and it isn't a 71 OR an SS either!), but I love the blacked-out look!

monte%20-%20pass%20exhaust%20tip.JPG?dc=4675558106317484739

Someone on this site actually had some made- you might find them if you did a search.

NOS (and used) are really expensive but they appear on ebay sometimes. I cut the lip off of some bottom pieces and stuck them on with some 3M trim tape. It ain't a show car (and it isn't a 71 OR an SS either!), but I love the blacked-out look!

monte%20-%20pass%20exhaust%20tip.JPG?dc=4675558106317484739

Thanks !!! It looks great !!!

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a set off ebay and made a mold of them. I turned around and resold them on ebay. The copies are a resin material that can be chromed like model car parts. I used an extra trim peice fliped, to go in between under trunk.

a>

• 2 weeks later...

My son owns these & was going to clone an ss he change his mind. Yes he wanted $400 & $350 min from a club member. Now he has lowwered it to $250 same as reserve, if you commit to buy before it bids to reserve on ebay. The buy it now for $400 is for outsiders. Hope this clears up any confusion. Later Bob