Build Sheet

I bought a 2nd 1970 Monte SS back in late February and have been looking for the build sheet with no success. It is a Van Nuys car so I was expecting a build sheet somewhere in the car.

I have looked under the dash pad, under the front and back seats, behind the plastic cover in the back of the bucket seats, in the door panels, and under the carpet. When replacing the rear bumper I got a better look at the gas tank and I need some advice.

I am able to look with a very strong flash light into the top of the tank and I see paper in two areas. One on the left side of the filler neck and one on the right side. I think this is the build sheet but can't tell, I can only see it is paper.

My question is this....is there anything else this could be other than the build sheet? Did the plants put any other paper on top of the gas tank? I'm dropping the tank tomorrow as I'm 90% sure this is the build sheet.

Thanks--Troy

I've never heard of anybody finding any paperwork above the tank, other than a build sheet. Seems you most likely have found it. My SS is a Van Nuys car and the sheet was hidden completely inside the rear seat.

Good luck in your search!

Dan

I found 3 of then in my '70 Van Nuys built 4 speed, one in the front bench, one on the tank, and one in the bottom of the back seat, couldn't see that one until we took the cover off

I also have a Van Nuys Monte, I found 1 under the back seats and another one under the carpet.

Troy, I guess someone else found it before you do wink

The previous owner of my Van Nuys built Monte found a build sheet on top of the gas tank. He said it was in a plastic bag. I also found one in pristine condition in the bottom of the back seat. Unfortunately that one was for a different Monte.

Dropped the tank and only found a small corner of the build sheet. Any idea how to decifer the boxes? I have boxes 15 thru 35 showing on the corner. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks--Troy