Is this right?

So I was cleaning my engine compartment when I figured it'd be easier to clean these frame rails if those pesky control arms weren't in the way. So I ordered some bushings and ball joints and off they came. This is a pic of my upper control arm pivot shafts. I did one of these montes 25 years ago, and I'm thinking both shafts were the same. Obviously, the passenger side shaft has found its way in and out of the blast cabinet. The drivers side is threaded on the inside. Is this right?

002-1.jpg

001-1.jpg

Thanks.

Both sides were/are the same on my '70s, Tommy. They both look more like your driver's (unblasted) side. Not sure where the other one came from but it obviously works as long as the bolt holes and bearing surfaces are in the correct locations.

Whether you put a bolt or a nut on each end is probably immaterial but it may look a bit odd if they are different from each other.

Thanks everybody for the input. I guess I'll put it back together the way it was, if Iever get it cleaned up. I've had this car over two years, and I've spent more time in the engine compartment than the drivers seat. The first I noticed it was when I went to take it apart, so apparently it doesn't bother me too much.