Home Page  | How to Join  | Official Merchandise  | Western Meet | Eastern Meet | Meet Photos | Technical Info  | Museum  | Parts Sources  | Officers
Leghome

Wheel bearings

I am putting new rotors on my 72. The new rotors came without bearings and I am wondering which brand would be the best?

any bearing made in the USA, Europe, Japan..... China, India are a no go for me. I like timken but I'll use anything well made

For years Timken bearings have been an industry standard.  I haven't done wheel bearings in years so I can't say for sure that still holds true but I suspect it still is.

rob

I used Motor City by Federal Mogul in my '70 4-speed and Timken in my '70 SS.  No issues with either brand.

Step 04.JPG

Step 19.JPG

'70 SS Front End Rebuild 135.JPG

I bought replacement rotors and after a few years one of the race's went bad.

Bruce

Ordered Timken bearings form Rock Auto should be here Thurs./Fri. Still trying to decide if I need to replace the race's in the new Power Stop Rotors.

I personally would order the bearing race set. i personally dont like to mix and match. i know at work we swap bearings and dont replace race with no problems but for my personal stuff i wouldnt

Yes I ordered the bearing set 2 and set 6 which was recommended by Rock Auto. One of the sets arrived today and the other should be here tomorrow or Friday