I broke my Monte

AL M

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no pics.. it didn't happen! (nobody else stated that yet, figured I'd better lol)

been there done that al. I had a two piece adjustable air cleaner stud that came apart, and dropped one of the lock nuts onto the secondary air door.... first time I got on it.. it got sucked in... chewed one cylinder.. got spit back into the intake.. chewed up a second.. back into the intake and took out a 3rd spark plug before it got ejected thru the exhaust...

ouch!! Yep, I feel yur pain.....I took off the other head tonite. The washer jumped around a bit...Fragments were in most of the cylinders.....Good news is that I sat down w/ my engine builder today. We discussed 2 builds, one for a 383 w/ a reconditioned 4 bolt block and the other for a new SHP Dart 400ci block. Looks like I'll be building a big ci stroked small block. I was getting giddy when we were picking out cams....going roller is going to be fun, opening my wallet....not so fun. I'll keep you guys posted of the build.

no pics.. it didn't happen! (nobody else stated that yet, figured I'd better lol)

been there done that al. I had a two piece adjustable air cleaner stud that came apart, and dropped one of the lock nuts onto the secondary air door.... first time I got on it.. it got sucked in... chewed one cylinder.. got spit back into the intake.. chewed up a second.. back into the intake and took out a 3rd spark plug before it got ejected thru the exhaust...

all in just one burnout!!! grin

I would go with the Dart 4.125 block right away. Do a long rod engine with the right heads and you will have more than enough power. Just realize that pumping up the engine is just half of the expense. You will need to beef up the whole drivetrain.

Reds: actully no.. I tried to pull out into traffic.. stood on the gas.. the engine rev'd up.. went clank clank clang... and then fell on it's face.. I barely made over into the left turn lane w/o being taken out by a big truck.. it sucked driving it home on 5 cylinders.. as a 305 isn't exactly a strong runner on 8 cylinders!