Headers ?

cny first gen 71

• 3 weeks later...

Steve,

Knowing the headers I had would not work with the different angled plugs I started going the Jegs book. There are a few different options for the Monte Carlo including Patriot headers. I was thinking of giving them a try. I figured Patriot head with Patriot headers...what could go wrong...haha. I will let you know how I made out.

P.s. I got the block back from the machine shop the other day. Reassembly starts this weekend...whooohoo

I don' think patriot headers and patriot heads are the same company, but good luck with it!

I had a similar issue with my AFR big block heads had to get these sockets and trim some 90 degree boots

POW-POW301150_ml.jpg

Steve, they are spark plug sockets that turn over the end of the plug. If you notice they have a notch in them and can get in a really tight place. If you can start the plug you csn use these to tighten them with a 5/8 wrench.

Thanks Mike. Worth the price if they make the job easier. Why do you get 2 in a set? Is it just that one is shorter than the other? None of the descriptions I read say why there is 2.

Looks like the header mfg would give a little more room at the plugs because they have a ton of room in these cars.The bend at the plugs need to be a little longer to get boot on and a socket.look easy on the bench but not in car with a/c and all the other junk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...