Repair dash pad with center speaker?

71MonteCarloMD

I noticed that there's no tan aftermarket nor used dash pad with center speaker. Mine has one big crack where center speaker is but still good overall - is it even possible to repair it? If not, are the new ones paint-able? If so, how can I paint them to match tan as I want to keep mine stock and close to original as possible?

I think OPG sells the new dash with the Mono speaker in the middle. I just checked my catalog and they have them for $369.00 and available in dark saddle, light saddle and gold. I assume light saddle would be tan!?!?

Does your monte have AC? I was under the impression that AC cars had dual front speakers as in my 71. Non-AC cars only received the center front speaker, I could be wrong............

Non air conditioned cars with Am or AM/FM mono radio had single front center mount speaker. A fader and single rear speaker on passengers side was an option for these radios. Any air conditioned car got dual front speakers. Stereo or 8 track radio cars got dual front and dual rear speakers air conditioned or not.

Non air conditioned cars with Am or AM/FM mono radio had single front center mount speaker. A fader and single rear speaker on passengers side was an option for these radios. Any air conditioned car got dual front speakers. Stereo or 8 track radio cars got dual front and dual rear speakers air conditioned or not.

Thank you for this information. I have the basic am/fm radio. Its a non a.c. car. So I have a center dash speaker and I have one passenger rear side on top of the package tray.