Looking for new gas ank

pocobill7t1

There have been several discussions about replacing gas tanks over the years. I see Murphy stated above that he required the 3 vent tank as would I when I replace mine. Vented caps 1970 non-vented for 71 and 72 all are important things to verify. Last year I replaced all the rubber hoses attached to my tank and found a surprise inside one of the hoses that I almost threw out! (see pictures)

71 gas tank rubber hose pics

Take your time.

Bruce

• 2 weeks later...
There have been several discussions about replacing gas tanks over the years. I see Murphy stated above that he required the 3 vent tank as would I when I replace mine. Vented caps 1970 non-vented for 71 and 72 all are important things to verify. Last year I replaced all the rubber hoses attached to my tank and found a surprise inside one of the hoses that I almost threw out! (see pictures)

71 gas tank rubber hose pics

Take your time.

Bruce

Which hose was that in Bruce? I just replaced some of mine on the 71 last summer.

Just bought a new tank yesterday from Quanta products,its a Spectra made in Canada.All steel /Nickle plated . Cost $179.00.I picked it up at their place so no shipping.1970 no vents.It'll be about a wk before I know the fit.

www.QuantaProducts.com Location is Rising Sun MD PH#800 235-8788 for anyone thats interested.

Terry

Spectra Premium Industries

3068 Beta Avenue

Burnaby, British Columbia

Canada V5G 4K4

Tel.: (604) 298-5099

Fax: (604) 298-5077

800-881-2988