aluminum wheels

monte70car

I just replied in your other thread...how do you already know what back spacing to get for the wheels without anything all welded in place?

Bill we followed the specs from the frame build which stated a 4+" backspacing. So the rims that are coming are 15x15 with 5". Seem this same size and backspacing list for a Camaro and them we ran it by family members who have tub cars ranging from a 56 Belair and a 63 Chevy II. Both cars run the same size tires with no issue. I know the inner wheel well needs to be cut out along with the trunk pan which ain't a big deal. From reading the paper work for the 9" rear time the axle goes in there will be 2.5" sticking out of the rear end.

POR 15 makes a good clear coat made especially for aluminum and other like metals. It is a two part product and is Glisten PC and it works really well. It can be brushed and usually you will not have any brush marks when finished. I ended up with brush marks because I tried to brush it to much. I ended up spraying it and it came out pretty nice. I used it on the rear trim of my 72 between the tail lights. You can not spray it on very heavy. Light coats are recommended or you will end up with orange peel. Do not ask how I know these things LOL LOL