Test and tune with new Hammer

Mike 57

you need to get some good videos of the launches Mike....I'm betting it's not squatting at all but really going up on the tire with good weight transfer that looks like a squat...if it's not doing that then there is more there with suspension tuning... grin

you need to get some good videos of the launches Mike....I'm betting it's not squatting at all but really going up on the tire with good weight transfer that looks like a squat...if it's not doing that then there is more there with suspension tuning... grin
Hey Davey....your comment put a smile on my face. Remember the phrase "you don't know squat" ? Nobody can say that to you! Apparently you DO know squat!

Todd. I Prefer Thompson. I don't think Quaker is open yet.

Dave, I actually should not have said squat. As the car comes up it transfers the weight to he rear, and compresses the rear springs and shocks.

Todd. I Prefer Thompson. I don't think Quaker is open yet.

Dave, I actually should not have said squat. As the car comes up it transfers the weight to he rear, and compresses the rear springs and shocks.

sure Mike..I guess what I mean by up on the tire is that when it does what you said if all things are working correctly the rear body will separate from the chassis...as the tire hooks it's driven into the ground by power and the chassis's role is to keep it planted there...when that happens the the body is literally being pushed away (up) from the chassis....so when you slo mo a launch you will see more space between the wheel well lip and the rim....if it's working that's the closest the tire will ever be to the car is when it's sitting still....so in this case there is no squat..the front is just coming up higher than the back but they are both going up....the spring are there basically to set ride height (instant center) ...the shocks are doing the work....sometimes some squat is necessary if you have a really crappy track so you take some compression out of the shock and add rebound to slow the tire hit...... wink