It's Alive ! My 489

Daryl

I just wanted to share the voice of my build. Thanks to alot of people here who unknowingly helped me out by posting a ton of info on their motors. Couldn't have done it without you. This was my first performance build I have ever done. I have built stock motors before but nothing like this. I'm very happy with the way she runs and sounds. I have a few more bugs to work out and some fine tuning. This run was after I had to adjust my dizzy depth as it was at first to deep and made a terrible gear whine. I'm still smiling every time I listen to the clip. Can’t wait to drive the car when she is all put together.

It should run okay, here are my stats;

Herbert Solid roller 620i 650e 280 290 dur

454 .030 over decked and line bored

Forged lower 4.25 stroker crank and 6.385 rods

Diamond forged pistons, total seal rings 10.85:1 cr

ProMaxx rec port heads, Herbert extreme duty valves, Harland Sharp rockers, super 7 titanium retainers and locks

Crane electropolished Springs

Pro Comp single plane polished intake

Holley 4150 reworked 850 now 930

MSD ignition

Reworked 4l80e with hardened shafts, Rev Maxx converter 3200 stall,TCI controler

Eaton posi, 4.10 Richmond gears and Moser forged axles

Now I need a good drive shaft and then my chassis and drivetrain will be all most done.

Denny's, Empire and Mark Williams are some good sources for driveshafts.

David

Mine is probably overkill. It is one of their "Nitrous Ready" 3.5 inch shafts with chrome moly yokes and 1350 solid U joints. I think it was over 600 and they will replace it if I ever break a weld or twist the shaft.