NEW Stainless Headers specific for 70-72 BB Montes

Dans '70 Z20

Just took a tour of manufacturing facility here on Long Island. Pretty impressive. What impressed me more was there understanding of our header issues and recognizing we are different than other A-bodies. They design header to fit regardless of auto/stick, AC or proportioning valve interference. do not simply include us in their A-body header fitment list like most header mfrs but instead make a specific set for our cars. They were aware drivers side uses same as Chevelle but passenger side needed to be Monte specific. Currently they are only make Big Block headers but willing to do small block if need arises.

Currently manufacturing headers for Dodge Challenger Ramcharger, Chevy COPO Camaro and Ford Mustang factory race cars.

Here is link to Monte header

http://americanracingheaders.com/1970-72%20MONTE%20CARLO%20SS%20454.html

OUCH!!!!!!!!

They looks great, but OUCH!!! LOL

I have Hooker Competition, and didn't really have any issues, had to move the proportioning valve up, and they rub the steering shaft a little, but a little dent in the tube and no more rubbing.

Very nice!!!! Wonder if they would need a s/b first gen as a fixture car for mock up? LOL!!! I would volunteer mine for discount on a set.

David

Good idea, I hope Metro Rubber feels that way about me, since I done sent them 2 sets of the 70 L pieces between bumper and rear extenstion, and they should be out very soon, I want a free set.

Actually that is not too bad of a price for a header that fits. Stainless, thick flanges, merge collector, TIG welded, I may have to check into them more. There might be a set in my future.

Better design than the Hookers. I can't say which is better for changing plugs, but the ARH have tubes that are much closer to equal length, and have what looks to be a more gentle bend right where the tubes exit the cylinder head.

I did a quick measure of tube lengths, and the Hookers vary from just 18" long on the rear cylinder, to 32" long on the front cylinder! They're trying hard to get from point A to point B, but not giving any effort to making the tubes equal length.

The ARH looks to be about 28" rear, and 28" front. Can't get any better than that. It's a quality piece.

I just might need a pair of these.

• 2 weeks later...
FYI

They dyno test on premises a few different header prototypes to maximize power gains for each set that they manufacture.

Dan

I am sure during the R&D process while tuning the header to maximize torque/HP the primary tube lengths inevitably end up very close to equal lengths. This insures that exhaust pulses from each cylinder reach the collector sequentially allowing for maximum release of exhaust gases and better overall breathing.

Dan