Headliner / resto

Dftoro

Hey guys new to the site, I recently bought a 70' MC and now am trying to restore it. I should've learned from my last car (1979 MC least popular of the G-bodies) but fell in love with the body style and failed to realize the lack of parts. Right now I'm at the stage of "[censored] did I do" floor rotted, rear quarter panel, trunk filler, front fender and so on. I am trying to source related parts while It's in the shop, I've spoken to Leo and will be visiting him this week to get some doors and misc items from him. My main concern is with the headliner, the car had none just the bare roof nothing else I know about the rods the hold it up but aside from that what else will I need to be able to install i.e. Mouldings , brackets or clips , tracks. I've searched online for kits but can't find anything aside from the rods and headliner.

Thanks for any input.

While your at Leo's pick up a set of headliner bows from him, he will be able to point you in the right direction as far as what you'll need and supply with mostly anything also! Other than a couple of plastic clips on the center bow I can't remember anything else needed, unless you don't have the pieces along both rooflines with the teeth to grip the sides.

You'll probably be able to take a look at a car or two at Leo's with the headliner out to see what's missing

:welcome: to the FGMCC also, and good luck with your Monte!

take a few pictures of what yours looks like around the dome light, and around the edges where the windows meets the roof.  That where the metal strips are with the teeth.  They might be there and you just don't know what to look for.  Actually post a picture on here and we can tell you.  Some other items to consider are:

coat hooks, screws for them, sun visors, screws for them, rear view mirror, screws for it, upper seat belts and bolts for those, the upper seat belt holsters and, you guessed it, screw for those.  You will also need the windlace trim:  One piece for wind shield, one piece for each side and 1 for rear window.  Of course you will need headliner and sail panels as well.  Am I missing anything?

Hey guys , went to Leo's on Friday and picked up some doors, quarter panel and misc pieces to finish up the exterior body. Spoke to him about my headliner issues and he has what I need, so I'm not worried about it any more. I do have a couple questions, where in southwest Ontario can I have some one install the headliner. I've called a couple shops and been quoted $650 just for the labour is this the going rate around here?

Thanks.