rear panel removal

abe72

- Remove the bottom portion of the back seat (No bolts hold it in place, need to push at the bottom to get it loose from the floor board. Use a flash light to look under the seat and you will see how it is held in)

- Remove the top portion of the back seat (2 bolts hold this in place at the bottom. Then lift off)

- Remove the arm rest (2 screws at the front. Also remove the screw that holds the metal filler piece between the seat and the side panel)

- Remove the side panel (one screw goes through the "U" seal at the top of the door jamb through the side panel, Once that is out, you can lift the panel off)

Abe, if you have never removed a rear seat bottom you are in for a treat. Sometimes they pop right out but sometimes they can be a real bear but that will definately be the hardest part. Aaron was correct when he said you need to push in on the bottom of the seat. Just to add to what Aaron advised... for better leverage move your front seat/seats all the way forward. Also, as you push the bottom of the rear seat (Spring Steel) toward the rear of the car you will also need to lift up on it to release it from the retainer bracket. You will need to do this on both sides because it locks into a bracket on each side.

Rob

To remove the bottom of the rear seat I move the front seat forward sit on the sill plate and push on the lower part of the seat bottom with which ever leg I can get in. Thank goodness I have long legs. A guy at the upholstery shop gave me that hint. 

Thanks to all for the advise and suggestions on the seat removal, bottom part was a bit difficult but got it out. Once that was done the rest was easy (thanks Aaron).

I'm removing the panels becuase I'm painting / dying them. I do have a question, after dying the panels are you suppose to spray clear on them?

I highly recommend you NEVER use Armorall on any interior parts. It eventually gets gummy and sticky and does nothing but attract dust and grime.

rob

Pledge works the best on your vinyl interior parts.Just sray the wipe cloth, not the panels. Gives it the "original" look. works well on your vinyl top too!  And nothing on your steering wheel,ever!!

I agree with Jim. Believe it or not I even use Pledge Wipes on my engine compartment, they work great on the hoses, inner fenders, fan shroud, really most anything under the hood and most but not all interior parts.

Rob