Quarter Window Seals

Bluemalibu

Can anyone advise me of a source for the outer seal at the rear of the quarter windows?  I've changed out the balance of the seals, but cannot seem to find these.  Thanks,  Doug

Sam is correct, they are not reproduced yet But...... someone here figured out a way to make them from another seal. Unfortunately I can't remember who it was. If I can find their post I will let you knnow.

Rob

It was Tommy Coulter. He used the ones that are now reproduced for the inside rear edge of the quarter window. He just drilled the necessary holes to mount them.

Dan

Thanks Rob and Dan.  

The inner seal was so much thicker than the outer that I had considered cutting the rubber sealing surface from an inner set and adhering it to the mounting plate...  it's nice to know that it will work with just a few holes drilled!   Doug

Well, it's not quite that easy. I just looked at mine and it looks like you'll need to remove the 3 clips and then trim off two overhanging rubber lips to get them to fit. Still, it's not too hard to do. The inners aren't as long as the outers, but they worked for Tommy, and his is a high dollar, correct restoration. (Except for one detail).     :)

Dan

• 4 weeks later...

I was under the impression Tommy used the seals in between the two windows, they just cut it to length. I talk to him quite often and will find out.

Thanks Jared...  I just bought a second set of inner seals to modify, it'll be good to know to prevent me from wasting time spinning my wheels.  It's too late to call this evening about the other parts, so I'll touch base with you tomorrow.  Doug