Quarter Glass window and regulator install

Monte123

Help, I took my car apart 2 years ago and was a dumbass, I didn't take any pictures. I am trying to install all the everything into empty shells. Is there a blow up out there of what it looks like or does anybody have pics that show where stuff should go? Any help is greatly appreciated

Neither the original factory assembly manual nor the factory service manual covers the windows.  The Fisher Body Manual addresses them.  Here are the excerpts:

Scan0001_zpssxtwocin.jpg

Scan0002_zpsvped0p9a.jpg

• Like 1

I had to put the glass in the empty quarter and then put the regulator and other stuff back in and even then there was only one way I could get the glass in and I can not remember how to do it now just remember it being a pain in the [censored]

• Like 1

Anthony, what Larry is probably recalling is that you cannot initially install the rear portion of the quarter glass into its natural home between the inner and outer walls of sheet-metal at the sail panel.  The window must be installed from inside the cabin and inserted all the way down into the lower cavity, holding onto the top edge of glass, and then Lifted back up into the hollow between the seals on the inner and outer walls of sheet metal.  Doug

• Like 1

You got that straight, Rock! 

And as big as a pain in the drain that it was to get all of the channels and guides to marry up, the real frustration comes with adjusting the windows to fit and seal properly.   I've had my side glass in for six weeks, and I've found a dozen other jobs to do on the '72, rather than to adjust those blasted windows.

• Like 2

Yeah, I still have to adjust my passenger side. The up and down is good but front to back needs to be adjusted about 1/4" forward. I have been putting that off for about 6 months now.

• Like 1

You Guys are awesome. I will get the assembly manual. I got the one window in and I do recall it being quite a pain to get them out. Thanks for the help with the window. Now I just have to figure out the doors, lol. I don't remember there being so many parts in the door. I am using rubber seals from OPGI and am not impressed with fit, are there better ones out there?

The door Glass will probably take you longer , than the quarter glass ,it is very easy to get FRUSTRATED, what i did was work on it for a little while ,than walk away come back and continue repeat this several times and you will get it, I had new soft seal rubbers ,did not fit well so went back to my originals that were in perfect condition , 

If you are referring to the rubber seal that slip into the verticle chrome 1/4 glass I use Metro Moulded products. As a matter of fact I recommend them for all seals including Trunk, Door, Window to Roof seal etc. Etc.

Not only do they make a great product, they also sponsor our Eastern and Western Meets.

Rob

• Like 1