454 spark plug heat shields.....

LostnFound

Did our 71 SS Montes come with individual spark plug heat shields? If so, which ones are the correct ones? I have them on my car but I'd like to replace them with the correct ones same as it left the factory with.

Thanks,

Larry

The Parts Place carries the for $5.00 each.

https://www.thepartsplaceinc.com/

EN2550C(1971 - 1976 Monte Carlo) SPARK PLUG HEAT SHIELD (BIG BLOCK) 8 REQUIRED - SOLD EA$5.00

rob

I put  these same ones on my car a few years ago, thinking they would be the originals ,, the ones that came on the car where round and not  flared at the ends, After hunting on eBay I found the correct ones that came on the car from the factory ,with my big block 

The ones I ordered from The Parts Place for my SB 350 werent pictured and I was a little bit worried they wouldnt be the same but as it turned out they were exactly like my originals and fit great. I cant speak for their BB ones but I bet if you called them they would take a picture of them for you.

rob

Thanks for the input guys. I found the rounded ones some time ago on ebay and bought them but was second guessing myself as all the ones available on ebay right now are flared at the ends like you mentioned Doug. I'll stay with the rounded ones.

Thanks again for the input. I really appreciate it. :)

Thanks,

Larry

Might anyone know if the different engine plants used different styles, or why the '72 big block Chevelle came with the flared ones from the factory, and we received the round flavor?   My  '70 SS with an Oct '69 build date came without them, (which is consistent with Chevelles not having them until '71) but the '72 Chevelle 454 had the flared ones on it when new.